On behalf of the church community at St John’s we would like to welcome you to our website. St John’s is a friendly Christian community that seeks to enable people of all ages to meet with God through the local church.
Reverend Kirsty Screeton. Vicar of St. John’s and St. Luke’s
Candlemas- Sunday 29th January
Collect, Readings, my sermon and prayers by John can be found on the Services: Sermon and Prayers page of the Menu.
For baptism, wedding and reading of banns bookings and enquires please come along to our office booking session. 3rd Sunday of each month 12.15 – 12.45pm in the church hall. You are more than welcome to join us for our all age worship before at 11.15am. (For funerals your funeral director will make contact with us).
- The date of our APCM has been set for Sunday 21st May 2023
- We are planning to celebrate the King’s Coronation on 7th May 2023 – details to follow
- Diocese News / communications / etc:
It has come to light following a few conversations that Diocese news, reports, etc. is not regularly shared. This is due to there being lots of information shared weekly, and that the information is accessible to all. Therefore I have added below some key news articles that may be of interest to you, and a link to where you can sign up for Diocese e-news…. (if anything appears in these channels that you wish to discuss please do let me know).
- Bishops David’s response and open letter to the Bishop’s LGBT+ proposal to synod that was breaking news on Wednesday morning. Bishop of Manchester | Living in Love and Faith Letter – Diocese of Manchester (anglican.org)
- Bishop David’s Epiphany Letter – Epiphany letter from Bishop David – Diocese of Manchester (anglican.org)
- Other News – Latest News – Diocese of Manchester (anglican.org)
- Main Website – Diocese of Manchester (anglican.org)
- Sign up page for E – News – E-news – Diocese of Manchester (anglican.org)
- To register your child for St. John’s Sunday School please complete the following short online form https://forms.office.com/r/4kAu2Bif9f . For further information email Naomi Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org
For hall booking enquires please complete our ‘Contact Us’ option and your message will be forwarded to the relevant person.
If you want some bereavement support, feel free to contact our lay bereavement minister on Diane Pullan – 07761 864267
For other enquires not answered via our website please either contact us via our ‘Contact Us’ page and your message will be forwarded to the relevant person, or contact our Church Warden, Carol Grime, on 07735796396.
Church Warden: Carol Grime – email@example.com / 07735796396
Church Calendar – a list of church / hall availability is on the calendar in the hall, however before adding anything, please do just check with Geoff and Joan Varley. This is mainly as they are overseeing funeral bookings so need to know when church is available and not. firstname.lastname@example.org
Both St. John’s and St. Luke’s can be found on Facebook or via their websites:
St. John’s Hopwood (stjohnshopwood.org) / St Luke’s Church, Heywood – Home (stlukesheywood.org.uk)
If you wish to discuss any pastoral matter, please contact our Minister Rev Kirsty Screeton via our Contact page.
If we can be of any help during this time of uncertainty please do get in touch.
If you want to contact us, please click here.
Mission Purpose Statement:
We are called by God to know Jesus through worship and discipleship. We seek to share the love of Jesus in our local community through welcome and outreach.
For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life. John chapter 3 verse 16.
For a link to a location map, please click here – the church is on the junction of Manchester Road and Middleton Road.
Easyfundraising Website If you wish to support us with your online shopping, you can now do so via our new Easyfundraising website. St. Johns then receives a donation on your behalf from any of the 2000 retailers you may visit & shop on line. Just follow the link below to sign up as a Supporter. It takes two minutes and can make a big difference through very little effort, especially if you also agree to Gift Aid your donations. – Fundraising | Charity Fundraising Online | You Spend Online, Brands Donate | Easyfundraising